To The Mail-Sun:
The Prairie Arts Council would like to thank the following:
The Sheldon Marketing Committee for its generous gift of $2,000. We used $1,000 toward the purchase of a used John Deere riding mower.
And to Bob Meendering for his donation of $300 toward the remainder balance of mower.
And to thank the O’Brien County Community Foundation for its grant of $5,000 to repair the kitchen in the old Wansink house, used as a gallery and named the Hal Tuttle Gallery in honor of his many years as an art teacher here in Sheldon. And for the work he continued to do keeping art alive at the Prairie Arts Historical Park.
Also a thank you to Cathy Lode, a former Sheldonite for her donation of $500 for the gallery porch floor to be finished like the kitchen.
And thank you to Julie Grubisich for her gift of 143 feet of 4-foot vinyl fencing, arbor, gates etc. worth over $4,200. With this, no more painting of fence to be done.
And thank you to Vogel Paint, for the Paint Iowa Beautiful grant of 9 gallons of paint to paint our school buildings.
And to Peter Vanden Berg for his gift of time for mowing, weed whacking and removing tree branches and garbage from the property.
Prairie Arts is taking on a new look! Drive by and see how beautiful the Historical Park looks!
Then bring your family and have a picnic on our tables from Iowa’s Bags to Benches Program.
Because of all this:
Volunteers are needed at Prairie Arts Historical Park.
Please come and help make a big difference in this very unique Historical Park in Sheldon. Located between Casey’s and the former Shopko.
Here is a list you can choose from:
1. Finish the remodel in our kitchen and porch if the old Dick Wansink home, now used as a gallery and soon a classroom.
2. Exterior painting of three different schools.
3. Interior painting in the Lynn Township School.
4. Ceramic molds to be poured for our coming ceramics for the community.
5. Tend to the flower beds.
6. Volunteer with Lil Picasso classes.
7. Volunteer on 1-4 p.m. Wednesdays for visitors who would like to tour our buildings.
8. Help with setting up, tearing down and working the Community Halloween Carnival in late October.
9. Become an active Prairie Arts Council Board member.
10. Be a supporting member with donations and or time.
We thank you all.
Karin Vanden Berg,
Prairie Arts Council Board,