It’s hard to top the versatility of chicken, adapting to nearly any flavor profile, from sweet to savory. Prepping these ingredients in advance means a delicious lunch can be ready in a flash, and their portability means you can have lunch on the go for days that include a bike ride, boat ride or old-fashioned picnic.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 canned chipotles, in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a container and refrigerate.
Combine chicken with tomato, avocado, corn, black beans and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat. Gently fold in crumbled feta cheese.
Serve a scoop of chicken salad on a thick slice of beefy tomato and leafy lettuce. Garnish with additional feta and cilantro.