Chicken salad is a summer staple. Here are some fun twists on this tasty tradition.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts, divided
- Chopped romaine
To prepare the dressing, whisk together the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, chili flakes, ginger, vinegar and sesame oil.
Season chopped chicken with salt to taste. Combine chicken with carrots, green onions, 3 tablespoons cilantro and ¾ of the peanuts. Add dressing and toss to combine.
To serve: Layer mixture on bed of chopped romaine. Top with reserved cilantro and peanuts.