REGIONAL—The second death related to the coronavirus in N’West Iowa has occurred in Sioux County.
Community Health Partners, Sioux County's public health agency, said in a statement released Friday morning the individual was 61-80 years old.
The agency encouraged county residents to continue following precautions to avoid getting sick and spreading the virus to others.
Those precautions include:
- Washing your hands often.
- Avoiding close contact with others.
- Wearing a cloth face covering when around people outside of your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces regularly.
- Monitoring your health for symptoms of COVID-19. If you develop symptoms, isolate yourself then call your health care provider and follow their advice.
The first coronavirus-related death in the region occurred June 9 in O’Brien County.
As of Friday morning, July 18, Sioux County reported 551 confirmed cases of the virus, with 448 recoveries.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned to nwestiowa.com for updates.