SHELDON—The Sheldon School District Board of Education will consider a proposal to purchase new cafeteria equipment for the high school building when the board convenes at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, for its regularly scheduled meeting.
According to the meeting agenda, superintendent Cory Myer will recommend the board approve a proposal to buy cafeteria furniture from Premier Furniture & Equipment at a cost of $98,619.36. The furniture would have custom design work done by Palmer Hamilton, adding another $5,000 to the price.
The proposal was the least expensive of three design proposals the school received, the other two coming from V.iP. Schools at an estimated $100,000 and from Scholastic Equipment Co. at an estimated $125,000.
The meeting agenda indicated that of the three options, the design by Premier Furniture & Equipment was liked best.
Graphic renderings of the design proposal show the furniture would include a variety of tables, chairs, booths and benches. The tabletops of some of the tables would be emblazoned with the Sheldon High School Orabs logo.
See the renderings here:
Other business the board of education will consider during Wednesday’s meeting will include:
- Approving two open-enrollment applications.
- Approving contracts for a school bus driver and a middle school baseball coach.
- Approving five applications for early graduation.
- Appoint representatives to the O’Brien and Sioux County Conference Boards.
- Authorize the superintendent to submit a LEP Allowable Cost Application
- Approve an application from FLR Sanders to screen, buff, and apply finish to the three gym floors.
- Approve a proposal from Tremco Inc. for roof repair and preventative maintenance at a cost of $14,699.51.