REGIONAL—Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host monthly 4-H Clover Kids gatherings in Hospers, Hull, Rock Valley, Orange City and Sioux Center from October through May.
Registration is open and filling up quickly, so parents are encouraged to sign up their child soon.
Clover Kids is a once-a-month after-school program for first through third graders.
“The primary goal of the Clover Kids program is to promote children’s healthy development — mentally, physically, socially and emotionally,” said Summer Beery, Sioux County’s K-3 Program Coordinator with ISU Extension. “Participants will explore healthy living, the environment, social skills, plants and animals, computer skills, science and technology, personality development and expressive arts.”
She said that youth will explore the world through a “do-reflect-apply” experiential education approach that encourages cooperation, creativity and fun while learning.
Clover Kids groups are limited to the first 25 registrants, so parents are encouraged to register their child for their preferred session soon.
Sessions will be held 3:30-5 p.m.:
- Hospers Community Center/Library: Oct. 3, Nov. 7, Dec. 19, Jan. 9, Feb. 6, March 5, April 2 and May 7.
- Orange City Public Library: Oct. 7, Nov. 4, Dec. 2, Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 2, April 6 and May 11
- American Reformed Church in Hull: Oct. 14, Nov. 25, Dec. 9, Jan. 13, Feb. 10, March 9, April 20 and May 4.
- The Lighthouse in Rock Valley: Oct. 15, Nov. 26, Dec. 17, Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 17, April 21 and May 12.
- Sioux County Fairgrounds Multipurpose Building in Sioux Center: Oct. 17, Nov. 14, Dec. 12, Jan. 16, Feb. 20, March 19, April 16 and May 14
To register, visit https://form.jotform.com/4Hregion1/sioux-county-clover-kids-19-20 and submit payment of $30 per child per year registration fee.
Questions can be directed to Summer Beery at 712-737-4230 or email@example.com.