REGIONAL—Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host its annual Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Meetings on Monday, Nov. 11, in Sioux City and Spirit Lake.
ISU Extension will offer valuable, research-based information key to best-outcome 2020 agricultural decisions at each meeting.
The programs are designed to help farmers, ag businesses, ag lenders and landowners plan ahead for the upcoming growing and marketing season.
“As the year comes to a close and harvest is underway, producers, ag lenders and suppliers are planning ahead for next year,” said Gary Wright, Extension farm management specialist. “The Pro-Ag meetings provide key information about Iowa farm financials, projected Farm Bill payments, trade negotiations with China and the crop market outlook for 2019-20.”
The Pro Ag Forums will feature:
- Alejandro Plastina discussing the financial situation of Iowa farms and projected Farm Bill payments;
- Wendong Zhang providing an update on the trade negotiations and relationship with China;
- Chad Hart with a 2019-20 crop market outlook.
Individuals can choose their preferred time and location and register accordingly.
- The morning session will be held 9-11:30 a.m. at the Woodbury County Extension office at 4728 Southern Hills Drive in Sioux City. At-the-door registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. To register, call 712-276-2157.
- The afternoon session will be held 2:30-5 p.m. at the Dickinson County Extension office at 1600 15th St. in Spirit Lake. At-the-door registration will begin at 2 p.m. To register, call 712-336-3488.
Registration fee for each location is $20 for those who preregister and $25 for at-the-door registrations.
For more information, contact Gary Wright at 712-223-1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org.