REGIONAL—Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will host educational farmland leasing and value meetings for agricultural landowners and tenants throughout N’West Iowa in August.
The meetings are intended for current and prospective tenants and landlords and are held across the state.
Each meeting will cover:
- farmland ownership and tenure in Iowa;
- cover crop research and methods to implement in lease agreements;
- cash rental rate and land value survey results;
- methods for determining fair rents for 2020;
- legal aspects of farmland leases including strategies for writing and terminating a farm lease;
- partition law changes;
- other ISU Extension and Outreach resources.
Meetings are approximately three hours in length and all registrants receive a leasing arrangements book.
There is a $20 per individual preregistration fee for individuals who preregister at least two days prior to the meeting date, unless otherwise noted.
The registration fee increases to $25 after the registration deadline and for those who register at the door the day of the meeting.
Among the meetings are ones scheduled for:
- 9 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, Northwest Iowa Community College Building H, Room 519, Sheldon. Call 712-957-5045 or 712-754-3648 to preregister.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13, Lyon County Extension office, Rock Rapids. Call 712-472-2576 to preregister. Preregistration deadline for Rock Rapids meeting is Aug. 1.
- 9 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, Sioux County Extension office, Orange City. Call 712-737-4230 to preregister.
For more information regarding land leasing and value and/or to view the complete meeting schedule, visit www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/info/meetings.html or contact Gary Wright, Extension farm and agribusiness management specialist, at 712-223-1574 or email@example.com.