Monday, November 11, 2019
- Teenager makes threat with butter knife
- Sheldon man jailed for OWI by Rock Rapids
- Sheldon man arrested for assaulting mom
- Authorities warn of counterfeit cash use
- Orange City man arrested for OWI, more
- Hawarden woman arrested for punching man
- Sheldon woman rams boyfriend's pickup
- Sheldon teen jailed for assault, alcohol
- Nominees sought for Iowa volunteer award
- Holiday nature craft program on Nov. 16
- Dream Big Grow Here pitch-off on Nov. 14
- Hours scheduled for Sioux Center library
- Child-care resource meeting on Nov. 14
- Blood drive on Nov. 14 in Orange City
- Get retirement info on Nov. 13 in Sibley
- Caregiver support meet set for Nov. 13
November often is a month in which we reflect on what we’re thankful for. It’s quite a long list for me, but I’d like to highlight a few.
To the Sioux Center News:
In the last couple of years, I’ve attended several funerals of family or close friends. Funerals are meant to be somber and respectful and I cannot image attending a funeral for a loved one that turns into a chance to even scores against an enemy or into a political rally.
I didn’t expect to wake up Wednesday and discover snow covering the roofs and sidewalks in Sibley. I thought, listening to Tuesday night’s weather forecast, that the snow would all be north of Sioux Falls, SD.